Tuesday 25 March 2014

PEE when I write (Point, Elaborate, Elaborate)

Today one of our writing groups was working on using P.E.E. in their writing. Here is what we discussed and our thinking around it.

I am learning to P.E.E. in my writing - have a main point/topic sentence as the first sentence, then I elaborate.


Audience: Teacher, People that have never been to Tupare


Task: Write a short magazine article about one special feature in Tupare


P.E.E.


P = Point (main point/topic sentence)


E = Elaboration (explain the main point a bit)


E = Elaboration (explain the main point a bit more)

Example:
At Frankley School we have a wonderful bush area at the back of our school. A couple of years ago we put possum traps up there. The bush has heaps of native birds and plants. In our bush we have a bush track.



Non Fiction Writing/Factual writing about a topic = true, real
Fiction Writing = made up
We don't usually use personal pronoun words like we, I, me, my


True facts


imaginative language




No comments: